Dental Implants Fresno, CA
Dental implants are designed to permanently replace one or more missing teeth. There are many advantages to dental implants when compared with other conventional methods of tooth replacement, like bridges or removable appliances. To discover what dental implants can do for you, it's time to call Dr. Avakian at Professional Dental Care in Fresno, CA.
Dental implants are made of titanium, a uniquely biocompatible material that allows the bone in your jaw to fuse with the implant, locking it in place. Your Fresno, CA implant dentist will surgically insert the implant screw in place of your missing tooth. Over time, your bone fuses to it, and the screw will then function as the “root” of your missing tooth. After the implant site has healed, Dr. Avakian will place a crown on top of the implant. At the end of the implant process, you will have a secure, permanent addition to your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime, and they don’t decay or stain. In most cases, dental implants are a much better choice for tooth replacement. Dr. Avakian wants you to know they offer benefits that can’t be matched by conventional methods.
Some benefits of implants to consider are:
- Dental implants are the most natural-looking tooth replacement option because they are virtually indistinguishable from your existing teeth.
- Implants are a conservative treatment that doesn’t require preparation of the adjacent teeth, the way bridges do.
- They are convenient because you won’t have to take them out to clean them. You can clean them just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants are secure and stable because they are embedded in the jawbone, and become a permanent part of your smile.
- Dental implants can also help you look younger because your body creates more bone to support the implant, restoring your firm jawline and youthful facial contours. Partials and dentures can actually make you lose bone over time, causing your jawbone to diminish and your face to sag.